Meet the Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers
- Respected for quality since 1976. Located in the cellar beneath the Ahlgrens' mountain home; dedicated to hands-on production of fine varietal wines.
- Tasting/Sales, Saturdays 12:00 - 4:00. 20320 Highway Nine, Boulder Creek, CA 95006. Telephone (831) 338-6071
- Aptos Vineyard/Pinot Noir. Produced and bottled by Devlin Winery. Maximum 400 cases per year. Small vineyard/ Sales only. No tasting room available.
- 7278 Mesa Drive, Aptos, CA 95003. Telephone (831) 688-3856.
- Founded in 1933 along Sopuel Creek, Bargetto produces award-winning wines from the Santa Cruz Mountains and dessert style wines made from pure fruit. Tasting Room/Art Gallery are open daily.
- 3535 N. Main Street, Soquel, CA 95073. Telephone (831) 475-2258 fax (831) 475-2664 webwinery.com/bargetto
Bear Creek Vineyard Company
- Overlooking the Monterey Bay, Bear Creek Vineyard Company produces under 1,000 cases. This family operated winery and vineyard makes Carignan, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, and Chardonnay.
- Please call us for an appointment. 21428 Bear Creek Road, Los Gatos, CA 95030. Telephone (408) 395-3718.
Bonny Doon Vineyard
- Our territory lies nine miles north of Santa Cruz off Route One. We specialize in Rhone/Italian varietals/blends. We're open 11:00 - 5:00pm except major holidays
- 10 Pine Flat Road, Santa Cruz, CA 95060. Telephone (831) 425-3625.
Burrell School Vineyards
- Located at the historic 1890 Burrell School House, we produce Santa Cruz Mountain Chardonnay and premium red varietals. Picnic in our heirloom gazebo overlooking estate Chardonnay and Merlot vines.. Open Saturday and Sunday 11:00 - 5:00 or by appointment.
- 24060 Summit Rd., Los Gatos, CA 95033. Telephone (408) 353-6290.
Byington Winery and Vineyard
- Grand Chateau, award winning wines, picnic-BBQ area with ocean view. Weddings, private parties, seminar space. Open daily 11:00 - 5:00. 5.5 miles from Highway 17.
- 21850 Bear Creek Road, Los Gatos, CA 95030. Telephone (408) 354-1111.
Chaine D'Or Vineyards
- Above the town of Woodside we grow our own Cabernet and Chardonnay grapes to produce a tiny quantity of handmade wines. Open by invitation only, please call us for information.
- Woodside, CA. Telephone (650) 851-8977. Fax (650) 851-0145.
Cinnabar Vineyards and Winery
- Located above the village of Saratoga, Cinnabar produces Estate Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon, as well as Central Coast Chardonnay and Merlot. We are open to the public only on passport days. Please call for information.
- 23000 Congress Springs Rd., P.O. Box 245, Saratoga, CA 95070. Telephone (408) 741-5858.
Clos LaChance Wines
- Located at the historic Novitiate Winery. We produce top quality Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from small, carefully tended vineyards in the Santa Cruz Mountains appellation. Call for more information.
- 300 College Ave., Los Gatos, CA 95031. Telephone (408) 741-1796.
- Specializing in small lots of Pinot Noir from our estate and other appellation vineyards. Traditional methods utilized with minimal handling. Please call for information.
- 4 Kendall Lake Santa Cruz, CA 95066 Telephone (831) 439-8911
- We produce estate Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon from 21 acres of vineyard, the first planted in 1972, on property farmed by the family for over a century. Historic "Fruit House" Tasting Room open weekends, 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 22600 Mount Eden Rd., Saratoga, CA 95070. Telephone (408) 741-1169.
- Founded in 1980, Crescini Wines is a small family operated winery located in the beautiful Soquel Valley. We specialize in Premium red wines. Please call for an appointment and directions.
- P.O. Box 216, Soquel, CA 95073. Telephone (831) 462-1466.
- This tiny winery, overlooking the San Francisco Bay and Portola Valley, carefully nurtures small quantities of Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Pinot Noir. Visitors with appointments welcome.
- 11 Old La Honda Road, Woodside, CA 94062. Telephone (650) 851-1452.
David Bruce Winery
- Celebrating our 30th Anniversary. Specializing in Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Petite Syrah and America's most decorated Pinot Noir. Five miles up Bear Creek Road from Highway 17. Tasting and Sales Daily, Noon to 5:00. Picnickers welcome.
- 21439 Bear Creek Road, Los Gatos, CA 95033. Telephone (408) 354-4214 or (800) 397-9972. Fax (408) 395-5478.
Devlin Wine Cellars
- The tasting room is open weekends 12-5 pm. Take the Park Ave. exit off of Hwy 1 and drive away from the ocean. Follow the signs to the end of Park Ave. about 1.5 miles from Hwy 1.
- P.O. Box 728, Soquel, CA 95073,. Telephone (831) 476-7288. Fax (831) 479-9043.
- EQUINOX exclusively produces "methode champenoise" sparkling wines from the Santa Cruz Mountains. Extremely limited production of barrel-fermented Chardonnay blanc de blancs.
- 290 Igo Way, Boulder Creek, CA 95006. Telephone (831) 338-2646.
Fellom Ranch Vineyards
- In the old world tradition, we produce limited quantities of low-tech, hand-crafted wines. Cabernet and Zinfandel. Open by appointment only to serious wine enthusiasts.
- 17075 Montebello Rd., Cupertino, CA 95014. Telephone (408) 741-0307.
- Picnic and wine tasting on our sunny deck overlooking 52 year old Riesling vines. Open daily from 11:00 to 5:30. Call the winery for directions.
- 379 Felton Empire Road, Felton, CA 95018. Telephone (831) 335-4441.
Kathryn Kennedy Winery
- Open by appointment for sales of 6 bottles or more without tasting. Specializing in Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. Occasional open-house tastings. Mail orders welcome. Please call.
- 13180 Pierce Road, Saratoga, CA 95070. Telephone (408) 867-4170. www.kathrynkennedywinery.com
- McHenry Vineyard is a small, family owned winery in the Bonny Doon area of the Santa Cruz Mountains. We specialize in fine Pinot Noir. Annual open house by invitation to mailing list.
- 330 11th Street, (Winery - Bonny Doon Road), Davis, CA 95616. Telephone (530) 756-3202.
Mount Eden Vineyards
- We produce estate bottled Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay from our old historic vineyards. In addition, a Chardonnay from Edna Valley is offered. Intimate tours are given with an appointment.
- 22020 Mt. Eden Road, Saratoga, CA 95070. Telephone (408) 867-5832.
- Obester Winery is most noted for its white varietal wines. You'll find the winery and tasting room a warm and friendly stop. Open daily 10:00 - 5:00. On Hwy. 92 east of Half Moon Bay.
- 12341 San Mateo Road, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019. Telephone (650) 726-9463.
The Organic Wine Works
- Taste the best certified, organically grown and processed, non-sulfited wines available on the market. Open daily from 11:00 to 5:30 pm. Please call for directions.
- 379 Felton Empire Road, Felton, CA 95018. Telephone (800) OWW-WINE or (800) 699-9463.
- We produce alambic brandies and Norman style dry cider. Our cider is produced solely from orchards of the Santa Cruz Mountains Appellation. Our brandies (grape and apple) as well as our eau de vieaux are produced in an alambic still using traditional methods. Please call for an appointment.
- 5579 Old San Jose Rd. Soquel, CA 95073 (831)477-1718 fax (831) 479-4478.
P and M Staiger
- We produce only Estate-bottled Cabernet/Merlot and Chardonnay from our own vineyard about Boulder Creek (established in 1973). Open by appointment; call for directions.
- 1300 Hopkins Gulch Road, Boulder Creek, CA 95006. Telephone (831) 338-4346.
Page Mill Winery
- Call for information on Spring and Fall tastings and wine and food events in the Stark's friendly cellar under their home. Five outstanding varietals.
- 13686 Page Mill Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022. Telephone (650) 948-0958.
Pelican Ranch Winery
- Phil and Peggy Crews produce wines which complement fine food or are satisfying to drink alone. Believing that the best wine starts with the best fruit, they purchase grapes from the highest quality vineyards in northern and central California. Production of each varietal is limited to 250 cases.
- P.O. Box 713, Santa Cruz, CA 95061. Telephone (813) 426-6911.
- Tasting: Saturday and Sunday 11:00 - 3:00. Directions: 280 to Foothill Expressway Exit. South on Foothill Blvd. for 3 miles. Turn right on Montebello Road and proceed 4.4 miles to 17100.
- 17100 Monte Bello Road, Cupertino, CA 95014. Telephone (408) 867-3233.
River Run Vintners
- Open by appointment and located near the town of Aromas, we are a small family winery producing Zinfandels, Syrah, Merlot and Chardonnay.
- 65 Rogge Lane, Watsonville, CA 95076, Telephone (831) 726-3112
- Located 2.5 miles north of Scotts Valley Drive. Custom labeling, reserve wines and large bottles available. We specialize in premium varietals. Open Saturday 11:00 - 4:30. Open Sunday by appointment.
- 2364 Bean Creek Rd.Santa Cruz, CA 95066 (831)438-1244.
Salamandre Wine Cellars
- Our families make distinctive Chardonnay, Merlot and small lots of exceptional local varietals. We host several open houses each season. Please call for information and directions.
- 108 Don Carlos Drive, Aptos, CA 95003. Telephone (831) 685-0321.
Santa Cruz Mountain Vineyard
- We specialize in Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chardonnay from the micro-climate we believe to produce wines of superior quality and longevity -- The Santa Cruz Mountains. Call for an appointment.
- 2300 Jarvis Road, Santa Cruz, CA 95065. Telephone (831) 426-6209.
Savannah Chanelle Vineyards
- Located at the historic Villa Monmartre and Vineyard , established in 1892; Savannah Chanelle Vineyards specializes in estate produced Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Cabernet Franc, and Carignane. Open daily, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm. Weddings, parties and meetings.
- 23600 Congress Springs Rd. Saratoga, CA 95070. Telephone (408) 741-2930. Fax:(408) 867-4824
Silver Mountain Vineyards
- The mountain top winery and vineyard overlooks the Monterey Bay. We produce limited quantities of premium-quality Chardonnay, Cabernet, Merlot and Pinot Noir. Call for an appointment. Usually available on second Saturday.
- P.O. Box 3636, Santa Cruz, CA 95063. Telephone (408) 353-2278.
- Specializing in Santa Cruz Mountain and Stags Leap District wines. Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Open Saturdays. 10:30 - 3:30.
- 7880 Glen Haven Road, Soquel, CA 95073. Telephone (831) 462-9045.
- At Storrs, we create hand-crafted wines -- Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Merlot and Gewurztraminer -- from selected vineyards throughout the Santa Cruz Mountains. Wine tasting and sales: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays 12:00-5:00 pm.
- Old Sash Mill, 303 Potrero Street, No. 35, Santa Cruz, CA 95060. Telephone (831) 458-5030.
Thomas Fogarty Winery and Vineyards
- We specialize in the creation of handmade wines from the Burgundian varietals of our estate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay as well as Cabernet and dry Gewurztraminer from other top-rated California vineyards. Wine tasting Thursday- Sunday 11:00 - 5:00.
- 19501 Skyline Blvd. Woodside, CA 94062 (650) 851-6777.
Thunder Mountain Winery
- Our goal is quite simple: to hand-craft the finest wines we can, using ripe grapes from outstanding, low-yield, single-vineyard sources. Our emphasis is on grapes from the Santa Cruz Mountains and the Cienega Valley, appellations that have yet to realize their ultimate potential. For details on all our wines, please see our Web page or write to us directly. Thunder Mountain does not maintain a tasting room and is not open to the public.
- P.O. Box 3969, Santa Cruz CA 95063. Telephone: (831) 439-8716. www.winemaker.com.
- Family owned and operated producing Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Zinfandel available in local stores. Wine Tasting and tours not available at this time. Please call for information.
- Los Gatos, California. Telephone (408) 866-6700.
Trout Gulch Vineyards
- We proudly produce award-winning Chardonnay and Pinot Noir of deep varietal character. Our wines are made from grapes especially grown on our mountain estate.
- 3875 Trout Gulch Road, Aptos, CA 95003 Telephone (831) 688-4380
- Estate bottled wines include Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon, the latter from century-old la Questa Vineyards. 1.4 miles west of Woodside town center.
- 340 Kings Mountain Road, Woodside, CA 94062. Telephone (650) 851-3144.
- A small family-owned winery that specialized in Estate grown Santa Cruz Mountain wines. Please call for an appointment.
- 420 Old Mount Road, Felton, CA 95018. Telephone (831) 335-7992.
Copyright 2003 [Cruzhome]. All rights reserved.
Revised: July 16, 2003